Connection method 1: Pairing and connecting with a BLUETOOTH device
The speaker can be paired with up to 9 BLUETOOTH devices.
It is necessary to pair a device with the speaker to be able to make BLUETOOTH connection for the first time.
Before operating the speaker, be sure to do the following:
- Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 m (3 ft) of the speaker.
- Connect the speaker to the AC outlet or charge the battery sufficiently.
- Prepare the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device for reference.
- Turn on the speaker.
The (on/standby) indicator lights up in green.
- Tap the (BLUETOOTH) PAIRING button.
The (BLUETOOTH) indicator begins to flash in white.
- From the factory, pairing information is not stored in the speaker. In this case, if you only tap the (BLUETOOTH) PAIRING button, the (BLUETOOTH) indicator will begin to flash quickly in white and the speaker enters pairing mode automatically. In this case, proceed to step 4.
- When you tap the (BLUETOOTH) PAIRING button, the speaker tries to make BLUETOOTH connection with the last connected BLUETOOTH device. If the device is nearby, the BLUETOOTH connection is established automatically and the (BLUETOOTH) indicator stays lit. When you want to connect another BLUETOOTH device, terminate the current BLUETOOTH connection by operating the currently connected BLUETOOTH device.
- Tap and hold the (BLUETOOTH) PAIRING button until beeps are heard.
The (BLUETOOTH) indicator begins to flash quickly in white, and the speaker enters pairing mode.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the BLUETOOTH device to detect the speaker.
When a list of detected devices appears on the display of the BLUETOOTH device, select "SONY:SRS-X7 (Bluetooth)."
If passkey* entry is required on the display of the BLUETOOTH device, enter "0000."
*A passkey may be called "Passcode," "PIN code," "PIN number," or "Password."
- Make the BLUETOOTH connection from the BLUETOOTH device.
When the BLUETOOTH connection is established, the (BLUETOOTH) indicator stays lit.
If the BLUETOOTH connection is not established, repeat from step 3.
- For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device.
- Pairing mode of the speaker is released after about 5 minutes and the (BLUETOOTH) indicator flashes slowly. However, when pairing information is not stored in the speaker, such as from the factory, pairing mode is not released. If pairing mode is released before finishing the process, repeat from step 3.
- When pairing with a BLUETOOTH device that cannot display a list of detected devices or that has no display, you may pair the device by setting both the speaker and the BLUETOOTH device to pairing mode. At this time, if a passkey besides "0000" is set on the BLUETOOTH device, pairing cannot be done with the speaker.
- Once BLUETOOTH devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- The speaker is already paired with 9 devices and another device is to be paired.
The speaker can be paired with up to 9 devices. If a new device is paired after 9 devices are already paired, the paired device with the oldest connection time is replaced by the new one.
- The pairing information with the speaker has been deleted from the BLUETOOTH device.
- When the speaker is initialized, all the pairing information is deleted.
- The speaker can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from one paired device at a time.