Update method 2: Manual update via the Internet
When the speaker is connected to the Internet via a wired or Wi-Fi network, the UPDATE button on the speaker lights up in orange when the speaker detects a software update is available. (The UPDATE button is usually turned off.)
In this case, follow the steps below to update the software to the latest version.
When the update starts, any music being played will stop. Also, any BLUETOOTH connection is disconnected.
- Tap and hold the UPDATE button until beeps are heard.
The UPDATE button will flash in orange when updating starts.
The speaker is not operational while updating.
The UPDATE button turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically when updating is completed.
When you turn on the speaker the first time after an update, the UPDATE button flashes three times.
If the indicator flashes in red and the UPDATE button flashes in orange during the update
The update has failed.
If the network connection is not reliable, the update may fail before it completes. See the following to update using a USB flash drive.
- The number of flashes of the UPDATE button will change according to the update’s progress. The UPDATE button flashes four times at first, and decreases by one flash, then turns off when the updating is completed. Do not turn the speaker off during the update.
- Updating normally takes 3 to 10 minutes. It may take longer depending on your network environment.
- Do not operate the speaker during an update. Also, keep the speaker connected to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor and network while updating. Update cannot be carried out when the speaker is powered by the built-in battery only.
- Software update is active only when the speaker is connected to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor.
- When the UPDATE button flashes four times while updating via Internet, you can terminate the update procedure by tapping and holding the UPDATE button. (This does not necessarily always apply.) After the update is terminated, the speaker automatically enters standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode. When you turn on the speaker next time after termination, the UPDATE button will light up if the speaker detects a new software version again.