Manual update via a USB flash drive (when the update via a network has failed)
If the (on/standby) indicator flashes in red and the UPDATE button flashes in orange, the software update has failed.
In this condition, the speaker will not respond to any operation and no functions can be used, except the (on/standby) button operation. Follow the steps below to examine the speaker’s condition, then complete the software update with an appropriate method.
- Press the (on/standby) button to turn the speaker off, then press the button again to turn on.
- Wait about three minutes (or until a network connection is established), then check the condition of the UPDATE button and (on/standby) indicator.
- When the UPDATE button lights up in orange: The update is not complete, though the speaker can be used normally. Turn the speaker off again, then follow the instructions in the following link to complete the software update using a USB flash drive.
- When the UPDATE button flashes in orange and the (on/standby) indicator flashes in red (the same as the situation before turning the speaker on again): The update has failed and the speaker cannot be used. Proceed to the next step to update using a USB flash drive.
The update procedure is different from "Update Method 3" and the following steps are required. In this case, the update cannot be performed via a network.
- If the UPDATE button flashes in orange and the (on/standby) indicator flashes in red, follow the steps below to update.
- Download the update file from the website below, then store it in a USB flash drive.
- Turn the speaker off again.
After turning off the speaker, complete following steps until turning on the power again within three minutes.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the DC OUT ONLY port (USB) on the rear of the speaker.
- Turn the speaker on.
The UPDATE button flashes and the update starts automatically.
The UPDATE button turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically when the updating is completed.
When you turn on the speaker the first time after an update, the UPDATE button flashes three times.
- The number of flashes of the UPDATE button will change according to the update’s progress. The UPDATE button flashes four times at first, and decreases by one flash, then turns off when the updating is completed. Do not turn the speaker off during the update.
- When you update using a USB flash drive, the update cannot be stopped. If the USB flash drive is removed or the speaker is unplugged during the update, the speaker will malfunction.
- Updating normally takes 3 to 10 minutes.
- Do not operate the speaker during an update. Also, keep the speaker connected to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor and network while updating. Update cannot be carried out when the speaker is powered by the built-in battery only.
- The speaker cannot play back music files in a USB flash drive even if the USB flash drive is connected to the DC OUT ONLY port (USB).
- Software update is active only when the speaker is connected to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor.
- Software update is active only when the NETWORK OFF/ON switch is ON.