Connection method 4: Connecting to a wired network
This section describes how to connect the speaker to a wireless router with a commercially-available LAN cable, then how to connect the router to the computer.
Usually the DHCP setting is set to ON when you connect your computer to the network.
Do the following before starting.
- Set the DHCP setting of your computer to ON.
- Check that your computer and wireless router are turned on.
- Connect the wireless router to the LAN port with a commercially-available LAN cable.
- Connect the wireless router to your computer using another commercially-available LAN cable, or a Wi-Fi connection.
- Turn the speaker on.
The (on/standby) indicator lights up in green, then the LINK indicator begins to flash in pink. Wait about a minute until the LINK indicator lights up in pink.
When the connection is completed, the LINK indicator changes from flashing to staying lit in pink.
- When you connect the speaker to a computer for the first time, it takes about four or five minutes until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in pink.
- When you connect the speaker to a network for the first time after purchase, or after you initialize the speaker, the BLUETOOTH/Network standby function is turned on automatically.