Listening to music on a USB flash drive
You can connect a USB flash drive to the USB A port (A) directly.
You can also use a commercially-available USB cable to connect a USB device.
Music stored in a USB flash drive connected to the USB A port (A) can be played back using the supplied remote control, or by a smartphone/iPhone that has SongPal installed.
You can play back high-resolution audio format files by connecting a USB flash drive of Hi-Speed USB standard or more, to the USB A port (A). For details on file formats, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your USB flash drive.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the USB A port (A).
- Tap the USB-A button.
The speaker switches to the USB-A mode, and the USB-A indicator lights up in white.
- Press the (Play/Pause) button on the remote control to play back music.
- Tap the VOL (volume) –/+ button to adjust the volume.
When you tap the VOL (volume) –/+ button, the (on/standby) indicator flashes once or three times according to the volume adjustment..
To enjoy a more dynamic sound
Remove the speaker grille from the front of the speaker with the speaker grille detach tool (supplied).*
*Keep the removed grille on a flat surface to prevent distortion.
- Do not touch the exposed part of the speaker (speaker units) after removing the speaker grille.
What you can do with the speaker and remote control during playback
You can adjust the volume using the VOL (volume) –/+ buttons of the speaker or the VOLUME +/- buttons of the remote control.
You can also use the MUTING button, (Play/Pause) button, and / (Previous/Next) button of the remote control.
- After SongPal is downloaded and installed to your smartphone/iPhone, you can use it as a remote control.
- Sony is not responsible for any loss or damage to data in a USB flash drive that is connected to the speaker.
- Do not disconnect a USB flash drive during operation. To prevent damage to data, stop playback, then turn off the power of the speaker before disconnecting the device.
- Sony does not guarantee correct operation when a USB hub or USB extension cable is used.
- When you connect a USB flash drive, the speaker starts reading all the data stored on it. Reading files may take some time.
- Operation may become slow depending on the USB flash drive.