Connection method 3: Connecting with an NFC-compatible device by one touch (NFC)
By touching the speaker with an NFC-compatible device such as a smartphone or Walkman, etc., the speaker turns on automatically, then pairs with the device and makes a BLUETOOTH connection.
- Compatible smartphones
- NFC-compatible smartphones with Android 4.1 or later installed
- Compatible Walkman models
- NFC-compatible Walkman models*
* Even if your Walkman is compatible with the NFC function, it may not be able to make a BLUETOOTH connection with the speaker by one touch. For details on the compatible models, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your Walkman.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology enabling short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as smartphones and IC tags.
- Thanks to the NFC function, data communication - for example, BLUETOOTH pairing - can be achieved easily by simply touching NFC-compatible devices together (i.e., at the N-Mark symbol or location designated on each device).
Do the following before starting.
- Stop playback on the BLUETOOTH device to avoid sudden loud sound output from the speaker.
- Set the NFC function of the device to on.
For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the device.
- Touch the speaker with the device.
Unlock the screen of the device beforehand.
Keep touching the device on the N-Mark () of the speaker until the device responds (it may take a few seconds).
If the speaker is off, it will turn on when the device touches it.
Follow the on-screen instructions to establish the connection.
When the BLUETOOTH connection is established, the (BLUETOOTH) indicator stays lit.
To disconnect, touch the speaker with the device again.
- You can perform pairing or connect to another BLUETOOTH device even when a BLUETOOTH connection is established. In this case, the previous connection will be disconnected.
- SongPal has no function of play music via a BLUETOOTH connection. Play music with your BLUETOOTH device such as smartphone, computer, etc.
- If you cannot connect the speaker, try the following.
- Move the device slowly over the N-Mark of the speaker.
- If the device is in a case, remove the case.
- Make sure that the app screen is displayed on the device.
- If you touch a device on the speaker, the device terminates BLUETOOTH connection with any current device (NFC-compatible headset, etc.), and connects with the speaker (One-touch connection switching).
- Stop playback on the BLUETOOTH device and turn down the volume of the device beforehand. Otherwise, you may experience sudden loud sound output from the speaker when music is played back for the first time after a BLUETOOTH connection has been made.
- If your smartphone turns to standby mode in reacting to magnetism, the speaker may not be able to be connected with NFC one touch. In this case, turn off the One-touch function. For details, refer to the instruction manuals of your smartphone.