Listening to music on a device via a BLUETOOTH connection
You can enjoy listening to music of a BLUETOOTH device and operate it via a BLUETOOTH connection if it supports the following BLUETOOTH profiles.
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
Enables you to enjoy high-quality audio contents wirelessly.
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
Enables you to adjust the volume of a BLUETOOTH device, etc.
Operations may vary depending on the BLUETOOTH device. Refer also to the operating instructions supplied with your BLUETOOTH device.
- Make sure beforehand that the volume on the BLUETOOTH device is set to a moderate level to avoid sudden loud sound output from the speaker.
- Connect the speaker with the BLUETOOTH device.
The (BLUETOOTH) indicator lights up in white when the BLUETOOTH connection is established.
- Adjust the volume with your BLUETOOTH device or the VOL (volume) –/+ button of the speaker.
When you tap the VOL (volume) –/+ button, the (on/standby) indicator flashes once or three times according to the volume adjustment.
- Start playback on the BLUETOOTH device.
To enjoy a more dynamic sound
Remove the speaker grille from the front of the speaker with the speaker grille detach tool (supplied).*
*Keep the removed grille on a flat surface to prevent distortion.
- Do not touch the exposed part of the speaker (speaker units) after removing the speaker grille.
What you can do with the speaker and remote control during playback
You can adjust the volume using the VOL (volume) -/+ buttons of the speaker or the VOLUME +/- buttons of the remote control.
You can also use the MUTING button, (Play/Pause) button, or / (Previous/Next) button of the remote control.
- After SongPal is downloaded and installed to your smartphone/iPhone, you can use it as a remote control to operate devices connected to the speaker.
- SongPal has no function of play music via a BLUETOOTH connection. Play music with your BLUETOOTH device such as smartphone, computer, etc.
- Depending on the BLUETOOTH device, it may be necessary to adjust the volume or set the audio output setting on the connected device.
- Stop playback on the BLUETOOTH device and turn down the volume of the device beforehand. Otherwise, you may experience sudden loud sound output from the speaker when music is played back for the first time after a BLUETOOTH connection has been made.
- If the communication condition is poor, the BLUETOOTH device may react incorrectly to the operation on the speaker.
- You can operate a BLUETOOTH device that supports AVRCP using the speaker or remote control. Available functions may vary depending on the BLUETOOTH device. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device.