Connecting to an AC outlet
The speaker can be operated by connecting it to an AC outlet via AC adaptor (supplied) or built-in battery (rechargeable).
Before using the speaker for the first time, be sure to charge the battery by connecting the speaker to an AC outlet via the supplied AC adaptor.
You can operate the speaker by battery instead of the AC adaptor by charging the speaker before use.
- Connect the supplied AC adaptor to the DC IN 15V jack.
- Plug the AC adaptor to an AC outlet.
Charging starts and the CHARGE indicator lights up in orange. Charging is completed in about four hours*1 and the indicator turns off. Once the battery is fully charged, it will not be charged furthermore even if the speaker is kept connected to an AC outlet.
*1 Time that is required to charge the empty battery to its full capacity.
Battery life (when using the BLUETOOTH connection)
About 24 hours*2*3.
The time stated above may vary depending on ambient temperature or conditions of use.
*2The method of estimating the battery life has been changed since 2015.
*3When the specified music source is used and the volume level of the speaker is set to 10. If the volume level of the speaker is set to maximum, the usage life will be approx. 4 hours. Time may vary, depending on the temperature or conditions of use.
When the battery is running low
- When the CHARGE indicator flashes slowly in orange, the battery is running low and needs to be charged. In this state, the speaker cannot supply power to other devices.
- If the CHARGE indicator flashes three times in orange and turns off when you turn on the speaker, the battery is empty and needs to be charged.
- When you switch the power source between an AC outlet and battery by connecting/disconnecting the AC adaptor, the speaker may stop sound output for a short while. This is not a malfunction.
- In an extremely cold or hot environment, charging stops for safety. If charging takes a long time, it also makes charging of the speaker stop. In these conditions, the CHARGE indicator keeps flashing in orange quickly, but this is not a malfunction. To resolve these issues, unplug the AC adaptor and plug it in again within the operating temperature of between 5 °C and 35 °C (41 °F and 95 °F).
- Even if you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, charge the battery to its full capacity once every six months to maintain its performance.