Registering a USB HDD device (USB HDD recording models only)
Connect and register a USB HDD device to your TV to record digital broadcasts.
Connect the USB HDD device to the TV’s USB port labelled “HDD REC” (if there is a blue USB port, that port supports HDD recording).
- This function is only available on some models in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
- USB HDD device
- USB cable (not supplied)
- Connect a USB HDD device to the USB3 port (blue) labelled “HDD REC” on your TV.
- Turn the USB HDD device on.
- Wait until the screen [USB drive connected] is displayed.
- Select [Register for recording].
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register the USB HDD device.
- If the message “Can't detect a USB HDD for recording” is displayed during registration in step 4, follow the instructions in the message and check that the USB HDD device for recording is connected to the USB3 port (blue).
If the USB HDD device for recording is not recognised even after you have checked the connection, you must register the USB HDD device again because it is already registered as a device for purposes other than recording ([Device storage]). Refer to “The USB HDD device cannot be registered. (USB HDD recording models only)” to register the USB HDD device again for recording.