Using Ambient Sound Mode
You can enjoy music while monitoring ambient sounds.
Use the IER-NW500N/NW500NE when you use Ambient Sound Mode. Do not use headphones that are incompatible with Ambient Sound Mode.
- Select the headphones that are compatible with Ambient Sound Mode.
On the playback screen, tap and then [Settings]. Then, select the [IER-NW500N/NE] from the pull-down menu under [Headphones].
- Turn on Ambient Sound Mode.
After you select the headphones, tap [Ambient Sound Mode]. The setting menu for Ambient Sound Mode will appear. Tap the Ambient Sound Mode switch to turn on the function.
will appear in the information area.
- Adjust the settings for Ambient Sound Mode, if necessary.
- [Ambient Sound Level]:
You can adjust the monitoring level of ambient sound.
- [Ambient Sound Level]:
To turn off Ambient Sound Mode
Tap the menu items in the following order.
– [Settings] – [Ambient Sound Mode] ([Headphones]).
Tap the Ambient Sound Mode switch to turn off the function.
- A shortcut is available for Ambient Sound Mode. You can tap on the [Settings] screen to turn the Ambient Sound Mode on or off.
- Select [MDR-NW750N/NE] or [Other Headphones] to use headphones that do not support Ambient Sound Mode.
Note that a howling sound may be produced in the following situations. Do not cover the microphone parts on the headphones. ()
- You are using incompatible headphones.
- You cover the microphone part while you are using Ambient Sound Mode.
- You hold the headphones in your hands while you are using Ambient Sound Mode.
- Depending on the surrounding environment or the volume of the ambient sounds, Ambient Sound Mode may turn off temporarily. This is not a malfunction. Adjust the level setting for Ambient Sound Mode ([Ambient Sound Level]). It may improve the problem.
- When you disconnect the headphones from the Walkman, turn off Ambient Sound Mode beforehand.
- If you cannot hear the ambient sounds well, try changing [Ambient Sound Level]. This setting may improve the level of the ambient sounds.
- Depending on the surrounding environment, a rubbing noise may be noticeable. (Rubbing noise refers to a noise generated when the headphone cable rubs against clothing or when hair rubs against the headphones, etc.) In this case, adjust [Ambient Sound Level]. The rubbing noise may be reduced.
- Ambient Sound Mode is disabled while the following functions are active.
- The USB-DAC function
- The FM radio function
- The Noise Canceling function
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.