Using the noise canceling function
If you use the noise canceling function, you can enjoy music without being disturbed by ambient noise.
- Turn on the headset.
You hear voice guidance “Power on”.
The noise canceling function is turned on automatically when you turn on the headset.
The indicator (green) next to the NC/AMBIENT button lights up.
To turn off the noise canceling function
Press the NC/AMBIENT button repeatedly.
Each time you press the button, the function is switched as follows. You hear voice guidance which informs the switching of the function.
The Ambient Sound Mode: ON (the indicator (yellow) next to the NC/AMBIENT button lights up)
The noise canceling function/The Ambient Sound Mode: OFF (the indicator (green) next to the NC/AMBIENT button flashes)
The noise canceling function: ON (the indicator (green) next to the NC/AMBIENT button lights up)
- If you use the noise canceling function with a BLUETOOTH connection, the noise canceling function is on even if you connect the supplied dedicated headphone cable.
- When you are using the supplied dedicated headphone cable, turn off the headset. You can use the headset as ordinary wired headphones.
- To enjoy high resolution audio music, turn the headset on.
- You can also turn on/off the noise canceling function with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- If the NC/AMBIENT button is set as the Google Assistant button, the noise canceling function cannot be switched by pressing the NC/AMBIENT button.
- When the headset is connected with the dedicated headphone cable and the noise canceling function is turned on, the indicator next to the button turns off.
- If the earbuds are not the supplied ones, the effect of the noise canceling function will be insufficient.
If the earbuds are not attached to your ears securely, the effect of the noise canceling function will be insufficient. Adjust the headset position to fit your ears.