- Power antenna (aerial) extends automatically.
- When you transfer ownership or dispose of your car with the unit installed, initialize all the settings to the factory settings by performing the factory reset.
- Do not splash liquid onto the unit.
Notes on safety
- Comply with your local traffic rules, laws, and regulations.
- While driving
- Do not watch or operate the unit, as it may lead to distraction and cause an accident. Park your car in a safe place to watch or operate the unit.
- Do not use the setup feature or any other function which could divert your attention from the road.
- When backing up your car, be sure to look back and watch the surroundings carefully for your safety even if the rear view camera is connected. Do not depend on the rear view camera exclusively.
- While operating
- Do not insert your hands, fingers, or foreign objects into the unit as it may cause injury or damage to the unit.
- Keep small articles out of the reach of children.
- Be sure to fasten seatbelts to avoid injury in the event of sudden movement of the car.
Preventing an accident
Pictures appear only after you park the car and set the parking brake. If the car starts moving during video playback, the following caution is displayed and you cannot watch the video.
[Video blocked for your safety.]
Do not operate the unit or watch the monitor while driving.
Notes on LCD panel
- Do not get the LCD panel wet or expose it to liquids. This may cause a malfunction.
- Do not press down hard on the LCD panel as doing so can distort the picture or cause a malfunction (i.e., the picture may become unclear or the LCD panel may be damaged).
- Do not touch the panel with objects other than with your finger as it may damage or break the LCD panel.
- Clean the LCD panel with a dry soft cloth. Do not use solvents such as benzine, thinner, commercially available cleaners, or antistatic spray.
- Do not use the unit outside the temperature range 0 ºC to 40 ºC (32 ºF to 104 ºF).
- If your car was parked in a cold or hot place, the picture may not be clear. However, the monitor is not damaged and the picture will become clear after the temperature in your car becomes normal.
- Some stationary blue, red, or green dots may appear on the monitor. These are called “bright spots” and can happen with any LCD. The LCD panel is precision-manufactured with more than 99.99% of its segments functional. However, it is possible that a small percentage (typically 0.01%) of the segments may not light up properly. This will not, however, interfere with your viewing.
Notes on the touch screen
- This unit uses a resistive touch screen. Touch the screen directly with your fingertip.
- Multi-touch operation is not supported on this unit.
- Do not touch the screen with sharp objects such as a needle, pen, or fingernail. Operation with a stylus is not supported on this unit.
- Do not let any objects contact the touch screen. If the screen is touched by an object other than your fingertip, the unit may not respond correctly.
- Since glass material is used for the screen, do not subject the unit to strong shock. If cracking or chipping occurs on the screen, do not touch the damaged part as it may cause injury.
- Keep other electrical devices away from the touch screen. They may cause the touch screen to malfunction.
If you have any questions or problems concerning your unit that are not covered in this Help Guide, consult your nearest Sony dealer.