IC recorder operations
If you have problems
Resetting the IC recorder
- The recorded file is noisy and is hard to understand.
- The recorded file is noisy and you want to record with less noise in your recording.
- A rustling noise is recorded.
- A buzzing or humming noise is recorded.
- Noise is recorded when you record a file using an external microphone (not supplied).
- Noise is heard when you listen to the file using headphones.
- Noise is heard in the playback even though the Clear Voice function is active.
- The IC recorder cannot be turned on. The IC recorder does not operate, even if you press any button.
- The IC recorder cannot be turned off.
- The IC recorder is powered off automatically.
- The battery life is short.
- You cannot charge the battery by connecting the IC recorder to your computer.
- The charging indicator is not displayed or disappears in the middle of charging.
- “COLD” or “HOT” is flashing instead of the battery indicator.
- You cannot record a file.
- Recording is interrupted.
- The VOR function does not work.
- When recording from other equipment, the input level is too strong or not strong enough.
- The playback volume is low.
- No sound comes from the speaker.
- Sound comes from the speaker even when the headphones are plugged in.
- Sound effect does not change even when the “Effect” setting is changed.
- Playback speed is too fast or too slow.
- The window display turns off to soon.
- The remaining time displayed in the display window is shorter than that displayed on the computer.
- The “Memory Full” animation is displayed and you cannot start recording.
- The “File Full” animation is displayed and you cannot operate the IC recorder.
- The memory card is not recognized.
- Even after you change a menu setting, the change is not applied to the menu.
- A character in a folder or file name is displayed in unreadable characters.
- It takes a long time to copy a file.
- The IC recorder is not recognized by your computer. A folder/file cannot be transferred from your computer.
- The file transferred from your computer is not displayed or cannot be played back.
- The computer cannot start.
FM radio (ICD-UX543F/UX544F only)
- No sound comes from the speaker (ICD-UX543F/UX544F only).
- Sound comes from the speaker even when the headphones are plugged in (ICD-UX543F/UX544F only).
- The audio is weak or has poor quality when listening to the radio (ICD-UX543F/UX544F only).
- The picture of your TV becomes unstable (ICD-UX543F/UX544F only).
- You cannot receive FM radio stations, or a lot of static is heard (ICD-UX543F/UX544F only).
- You cannot preset an FM radio station (ICD-UX543F/UX544F only).
Software operations (Sound Organizer)
- Playback sound from the computer is low./No sound is emitted from the computer.
- Stored files cannot be played back or edited.
- The counter or slider moves incorrectly, or noise is heard.
- Operation is slow when there are many files.
- Display does not work during saving, adding, or deleting of files.
- The software ‘hangs’ when the Sound Organizer software starts up.