Charging the headset
The headset contains a lithium ion rechargeable battery. Charge the headset using the supplied micro-USB cable.
- Connect the supplied micro-USB cable to the headset, and then connect the other end to a booted computer.
- Make sure that the indicator (red) lights up.
- Charging is completed in about 2.5 hours (*) and the indicator (red) goes off automatically.
*Time required for charging the empty battery to its full capacity.
- The headset cannot be turned on, nor can the BLUETOOTH function be used, during charging.
- If the headset detects a problem while charging due to following causes, the indicator (red) may turn off, although charging is not complete. In this case, charge again within the charging temperature range. If the problem persists, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Ambient temperature exceeds the charging temperature range of 5 °C – 35 °C (41 °F - 95 °F).
- There is a problem with the battery.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, the indicator (red) may not light up when you connect the micro-USB cable to charge the headset. In this case, do not disconnect the micro-USB cable from the headset: wait a few minutes until the indicator (red) lights up.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, the battery may be quickly depleted, however, after a few recharges, the battery life will improve.
- If you store the headset for a long time, charge the battery to its full capacity once every 6 months to avoid over discharge.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, it may take longer to charge the battery.
- If the life of the built-in rechargeable battery drops significantly, the battery should be replaced. Consult your nearest Sony dealer for replacement of the rechargeable battery.
- Avoid exposure to temperature extremes, direct sunlight, moisture, sand, dust or mechanical shock. Never leave the headset in a car parked in the sun.
- If the computer enters into hibernation mode while connected to the headset, charging will not be completed properly. Check the setting of the computer before charging. The indicator (red) will go off automatically if the computer enters into hibernation mode. Charge the headset again in this case.
- Use the supplied micro-USB cable only, and connect directly to a computer. Charging will not be completed properly by an indirect connection, such as via a USB hub.
- If charging starts while the headset is turned on, the headset will turn off automatically.