Selecting the sensitivity level of the built-in microphones (Built-In Mic Sensitivity)
You can select the sensitivity level of the built-in microphones. Set this menu item before you start recording.
- Select “ Settings” - “Recording Settings” - “Built-In Mic Sensitivity” from the HOME menu, and then press .
- Pressorto select “For Voice” or “For Music,” and then press .
- Pressorto select the desired level of the microphone sensitivity, and then press.
- Press and hold BACK/HOME to return to the HOME menu.To return to the screen before you displayed the HOME menu, press STOP.
Description of menu items
You can select one of the following items:
- For Voice:
- You can select one of the following sensitivity levels for recording voices.
- Auto: An appropriate sensitivity level is automatically selected according to the input human voices (default setting).
- High: Suitable for recording distant or soft human voices in large spaces, including conference rooms.
- Medium: Suitable for recording small meetings or interviews.
- Low: Suitable for speaking into the built-in microphones to record voice notes or recording nearby or loud human voices.
- For Music:
- You can select one of the following sensitivity levels for recording music.
- High(Music): Suitable for recording small-group chorus performances and distant musical instrument sounds.
- Medium(Music): Suitable for recording live music from a distance of 1 to 2 meters (40 to 80 inches), such as chorus or musical instrument lessons.
- Low(Music): Suitable for recording live loud music, such as band performances.
- While recording audio from an external device is in progress, the Built-In Mic Sensitivity function is turned off.