Listening to music of a portable audio device, etc.
You can use the speaker as an ordinary wired speaker system by connecting a portable audio device, etc., using an audio cable (not supplied).
- Connect a device to the AUDIO IN jack with an audio cable (not supplied).
For connection, use an audio cable with a stereo mini plug (no resistance)* at both ends.
* If you use an audio cable (with stereo mini plugs) with significant resistance, the sound may be lower. Therefore, make sure you use a cable (with stereo mini plugs) without resistance.
- Turn on the speaker.
The (power) indicator lights up in white.
- Turn on and start playback on the connected device.
- Adjust the volume to a moderate level on the connected device.
- Press the –/+ (volume) buttons to adjust the volume.
When you press the –/+ (volume) buttons, the (power) indicator flashes once in white. When you set the volume to the maximum or minimum level on the speaker, the (power) indicator flashes 3 times.
- When you cannot hear the sound, raise the volume on the connected device.
- If the BLUETOOTH connection is active, you can use the hands-free function while listening to music of a portable audio device, etc. that is connected to the speaker’s AUDIO IN jack.
The speaker turns off automatically by the auto power off function when the speaker satisfies the following conditions for 15 minutes, and the BLUETOOTH connection is terminated.
- No operation on the speaker.
- No music (sound) is played on an audio device connected to the AUDIO IN jack or the volume on the connected device is too small.
- No BLUETOOTH connection has been established between the speaker and a smartphone or mobile via HFP/HSP.
HFP and HSP are types of BLUETOOTH profiles.
HSP (Headset Profile): Allows calling/cellular phone operation.
HFP (Hands-Free Profile): Allows hands-free calling/cellular phone operation.
- If you connect an audio cable to the AUDIO IN jack, the output from the device connected to the AUDIO IN jack has priority, and you will not hear the sound from the BLUETOOTH device. The (BLUETOOTH) indicator lights up or flashes in white to indicate the BLUETOOTH status. Absence of sound from the BLUETOOTH device does not indicate any trouble with the speaker.
- You cannot listen to music via BLUETOOTH connection while an audio cable is used with the speaker. Disconnect the cable from the speaker’s AUDIO IN jack after use.
- When connecting a portable audio device to the AUDIO IN jack and playing music, you cannot use the buttons on the speaker to perform operations such as pause, skip to the beginning of the next track, and skip to the beginning of the current track.
- Do not use the AUDIO IN jack in a place where water may splash.