Pairing and connecting with a Bluetooth audio device
To connect with a Bluetooth audio device for the first time, your Walkman needs to be paired with it.
- Place your Walkman and the Bluetooth audio device within 1 meter of each other.
- Put the Bluetooth audio device you want to connect with in pairing mode.
Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Bluetooth audio device for details.
- From the Home menu of your Walkman, select [Bluetooth].
- Select [Add Device (Pairing)].
The [Scan Peripheral Device] screen appears and is displayed in the information area.
- Select the Bluetooth audio device you want to connect with.
It may take time until the Bluetooth audio device is detected and displayed on your Walkman.
- Confirm that the pairing is completed and the Bluetooth connection is made automatically.
After the pairing is completed, the Bluetooth connection between your Walkman and the Bluetooth audio device is made. A message that the connection has been completed is displayed and in the information area changes to . Start playback on the Walkman and you will hear the sound through the Bluetooth audio device.
To cancel pairing
Press the button () while pairing.
If the Bluetooth audio device is not detected
[No devices found; ensure a device is available to connect with, and search again via the Option menu.] is displayed if the Bluetooth audio device is not detected by your Walkman. Search for the Bluetooth audio device again by displaying the option menu and selecting [Search Again].
If the pairing is not completed
The screen for aborting the connection appears if the pairing fails to be completed, and the screen returns to where you are asked to select [Add Device (Pairing)]. Operate again from the [Scan Peripheral Device] screen.
- If more than one name for the Bluetooth audio device is displayed, check the BD address of the device you want to pair with. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Bluetooth audio device for details on the BD address.
- If the Bluetooth audio device you want to connect with has an NFC function, pairing and connection can be made with one touch.
- You can pair your Walkman with one Bluetooth audio device at a time. To pair more than one device, repeat the procedures above for each device.
- When pairing starts, playback of content such as music stops automatically and the operations on your Walkman become unavailable.
- If the pairing is timed out, for example if you could not finish entering the pass key in time, perform the operation again by selecting [Bluetooth] from the Home menu.