Pairing and Connecting with a BLUETOOTH Device
When connecting a BLUETOOTH device for the first time, mutual registration (called “pairing”) is required. Pairing enables this unit and other devices to recognize each other.
- Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 m (3 ft) of this unit.
- Press HOME, then touch [Settings].
- Touch [Bluetooth].
- Touch [Bluetooth Connection], then touch [ON].The BLUETOOTH signal is turned on and (BLUETOOTH) lights up on the status bar of the unit.
- Touch [Pairing].(BLUETOOTH) flashes while the unit is in pairing standby mode.
- Perform pairing on the BLUETOOTH device so it detects this unit.
- Select your model name shown in the display of the BLUETOOTH device.Repeat from step 5 if your model name does not appear.
If the connection confirmation display appears, operate the BLUETOOTH device to approve the connection, then touch [OK] on the unit and/or the BLUETOOTH device.
- If passkey* input is required on the BLUETOOTH device, input .When pairing is made, (BLUETOOTH) stays lit.
*Passkey may be called “passcode”, “PIN code”, “PIN number”, “password”, etc., depending on the BLUETOOTH device.
- Select this unit on the BLUETOOTH device to establish the BLUETOOTH connection.(mobile phone) or (audio) lights up when the connection is made.
- The unit can only be connected with one BLUETOOTH device at a time.
- To disconnect the BLUETOOTH connection, turn the connection off from either the unit or the BLUETOOTH device.
- BLUETOOTH pairing is not possible while Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is running.