Updating the system software
- Connect this unit to the Internet.
For details, see Configuring the Internet connection.
Android: Tap (*) - [Settings] – [System info] – [System software update] on the Home screen.
iOS: Tap – [System info] – [System software update] on the Home screen.
If a new version of the system software is found, a message confirming execution of the update is displayed.
* The  icon is not displayed on the screen of some Android devices. If the  icon is not displayed on your screen, press the main menu button located outside of the screen.
- Tap [OK].
The system software update starts.
When updating is complete, tap [OK].
The unit restarts to complete the system software update. The wireless LAN connection will be disconnected at this point. Connect the unit and your device again.
- Perform steps 2 and 3 until the system software has been updated to the latest version.
- If an SD card (FAT32 format, 30 MB or more free space) is inserted in this unit, the state before the system software update will be restored if any error occurs during the update. Inserting an SD card is recommended before the system software is updated.
- If a system software update is available, it will be reported to you when File Manager starts. To always use the latest version of the system software, check the application update as well periodically.
- Update cannot be done if the battery charge is low. Confirm that the battery charge remains 35% or more before performing update. See Checking the status of this unit.
- Do not press the reset switch or (Power) button while updating.
- Update the system software in a location where communication conditions are stable.
- This function is not available in guest mode.