Setting the Wi-Fi security using File Manager
Setting security is extremely important when using devices equipped with the wireless LAN function. If the security is not set, it is possible for the unit to be accessed from any compatible device within the communication range.
To protect your data, be sure to set up the security.
When the security of this unit has already been set, setting the security from other devices is not necessary.
- Connect your device to this unit via wireless LAN and start File Manager.
When using NFC:
When not using NFC:
- Select the settings menu.
Tap (*) - [Settings] - [Security] on the Home screen.
* The  icon is not displayed on the screen of some Android devices. If the  icon is not displayed on your screen, press the main menu button located outside of the screen.
Tap on the Home screen.
- Tap [Security].
- Tap [WPA2].
- Enter a password of 8 to 63 alphanumeric characters, then tap [OK].
This unit restarts.
- This operation will stop the wireless LAN connection. Connect the unit and your device again using a wireless LAN connection by entering the password set in this section.
- If you have forgotten the password, set the unit to the factory defaults and then set a new password. See I have forgotten the password..