Notes on charging
Life span of the built-in lithium ion battery
- Even if you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, charge the built-in battery sufficiently once every 6 months to maintain its performance.
- If the speaker is not used for a long time, it may take longer to charge the built-in battery.
- The rechargeable built-in battery has a life span. As time passes and the number of times that the built-in battery is used increases, the capacity of the rechargeable built-in battery slowly decreases. When the amount of time that the built-in battery can be used seems significantly shorter, despite having been fully charged, contact your nearest Sony dealer.
- The life span of the rechargeable built-in battery differs depending on the usage, environment, and storage method.
When the speaker detects a problem for the following causes while charging the built-in battery, the CHARGE indicator (orange) turns off even if charging is not completed.
- Ambient temperature exceeds the range of 5 °C – 35 °C (41 °F – 95 °F).
- There is a problem with the built-in battery.
- When charging to the built-in battery continues for a long time.
- Charging time varies depending on built-in battery usage conditions.
- Charge the speaker in an ambient temperature between 5 °C and 35 °C (41 °F and 95 °F).
- The speaker becomes warm during charging. This is not a malfunction.
- Avoid exposure to rapid temperature change, direct sunlight, mist, sand, dust, or mechanical shock. Also, never leave the speaker in a car parked in the sun.
- A speaker that is in use can be charged if it is connected to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor (supplied) or a USB AC adaptor (commercially available), or connected to a booted computer. In this case, it may take longer to charge the built-in battery depending on the conditions of use. Therefore, it is recommended to turn off the speaker when charging.
- In an extremely cold or hot environment, charging stops for safety. If charging takes a long time, it also makes charging of the speaker stop. To resolve these issues, disconnect the AC adaptor or micro-USB cable from the speaker and connect it again within an operating temperature between 5 °C and 35 °C (41 °F and 95 °F).