Note when using with a mobile phone
- For details on operation of your mobile phone when receiving a telephone call while transmitting the sound using the BLUETOOTH connection, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the mobile phone.
- Refer to the Reference Guide supplied with the speaker.
Notes on the AC adaptor
- When connecting or disconnecting the AC adaptor, turn off the speaker beforehand. Otherwise, it may cause a malfunction.
- Use only the supplied AC adaptor. To avoid damaging the speaker, do not use any other AC adaptor.
- Plug the AC adaptor into a nearby wall outlet (mains). In the case of a problem, unplug it from the wall outlet (mains) immediately.
- Do not install the AC adaptor in a confined space such as a bookcase or built-in cabinet.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose the AC adaptor to dripping or splashing, and do not place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the AC adaptor.
About micro-USB cables
- When using a commercially available micro-USB cable, use a cable conforming to the USB standard.
USB Type A plug: Connects to a computer or USB AC adaptor
USB Micro-B plug: Connects to the speaker
- Do not set the speaker in an inclined position.
- Do not leave the speaker in a location near heat sources, or in a place subject to direct sunlight, excessive dust, or mechanical shock.
- Do not use or leave the speaker in a car.
- Do not use the speaker in a sauna.
- Do not insert any small objects, etc., into the jacks or ventilation hole on the rear of the speaker. The speaker may short out or malfunction.
- When the light is strong, brighten the room or turn off the lighting.
About the Party Booster function
If the speaker hits a person or thing, it may cause an accident, injury or malfunction. When using the Party Booster function, notice the following.
- Disconnect the cables and close the cap when using the speaker.
- Do not use with the adaptor connected.
- When using the function, hold firmly and do not shake the speaker violently so that you do not throw or drop the speaker from your hand.
- Before using the function, make sure that you have secured sufficient space around the speaker.
- Do not hit the speaker with a tool.
- Do not use the function while you are driving or walking.
- Keep 20 cm (7 7/8 in) or more away from the face and eyes while in use.
- Avoid using the function for a long time. Take breaks regularly.
- When using the function, if you get tired, feel uncomfortable or experience pain somewhere in your body, stop using the function immediately.
- If you have any questions or problems concerning the speaker that are not covered in this Help Guide, consult your nearest Sony dealer.