Long Exposure NR (still image)
When you set the shutter speed to 1 second(s) or longer (long exposure shooting), noise reduction is turned on for the duration that the shutter is open. With the function turned on, the grainy noise typical of long exposures is reduced.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Long Exposure NR] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Activates noise reduction for the same duration that the shutter is open. When noise reduction is in progress, a message appears and you cannot take another picture. Select this to prioritize the image quality.
- Does not activate noise reduction. Select this to prioritize the timing of shooting.
- Noise reduction may not be activated even if [Long Exposure NR] is set to [On] in the following situations:
- The shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama].
- [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Shooting] or [Cont. Bracket].
- The shooting mode is set to [Scene Selection] and [Sports Action], [Hand-held Twilight] or [Anti Motion Blur] is selected.
- The ISO sensitivity is set to [Multi Frame NR].
- You cannot set [Long Exposure NR] to [Off] when the shooting mode is set to [Intelligent Auto], [Superior Auto] or [Scene Selection].
- Depending on the shooting conditions, the camera may not perform noise reduction, even if the shutter speed is longer than 1 second(s).