In dark environments, use the flash to light up the subject while shooting and to prevent camera-shake. When shooting against the sun, use the flash to lighten the image of the backlit subject.
Press the (Flash pop-up) button to pop up the flash.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
When you do not use the flash
When not using the flash, press it back into the camera body.
- If you fire the flash before the flash unit pops up entirely, it may cause malfunction.
- You cannot use the flash when recording movies.
- While charging the flash, flashes. After charging is completed, the flashing icon will light up.
- When an external flash (sold separately) is attached to the Multi Interface Shoe, the state of the external flash has priority over the setting of the product. You cannot use the product’s internal flash.
Before attaching/removing an accessory such as a flash to/from the Multi Interface Shoe, turn off the product first.
When attaching an accessory, insert it fully to the Multi Interface Shoe and screw tightly. Also, make sure that the accessory is fixed securely to the product.
- Do not use a commercially available flash with high-voltage synchro terminals or with reverse polarity.
- When shooting with the flash and the zoom is set to W, the shadow of the lens may appear on the screen, depending on the shooting conditions. If this happens, shoot away from the subject or set the zoom to T and shoot with the flash again.
- The light of the flash may be blocked by the lens attached.
- The corners of a recorded image may be shaded, depending on the lens.