Attaching a lens
Set the power switch of the camera to off before attaching the lens.
- Remove the body cap (A) from the camera and the rear lens cap (B) from the rear of the lens.
- When changing the lens, work quickly in a dust-free location to keep dust or debris from getting inside the camera.
- When shooting, remove the front lens cap from the front of the lens.
Mount the lens by aligning the two white index marks (mounting indexes) on the lens and camera.
- Hold the camera with the lens facing down to prevent dust and debris from entering the camera.
- While pushing the lens lightly toward the camera, turn the lens slowly in the direction of the arrow until it clicks into the locked
- Be sure to hold the lens straight when attaching it.
- Do not press the lens release button when attaching a lens.
- Do not use force when attaching a lens.
- A Mount Adaptor (sold separately) is required to use an A-mount lens (sold separately). When using the Mount Adaptor, refer to the operating manual supplied with the Mount Adaptor.
- When you use a lens with a tripod socket, attach a tripod to the tripod socket of the lens to help balance the weight of the lens.
- When carrying the camera with a lens attached, hold both the camera and the lens firmly.
- Do not hold the part of the lens that is extended for zoom or focus adjustment.