Shooting slow-motion movies (HFR Settings)
By shooting with a higher frame rate than the recording format, you can record a smooth slow-motion movie.
- Set the mode dial to (Movie/HFR).
- Select MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Movie/HFR] or the Fn (Function) button → (Movie/HFR) and select the desired settings for (High Frame Rate).
- Select MENU→(Camera Settings)→[HFR Settings] and select the desired settings for [Record Setting].
- When shooting, the frame rate is locked at 120p or 100p and cannot be changed.
- Press the MENU button.
The HFR shooting screen will be displayed.
- Press the MOVIE (Movie) button.
Menu item details
- Record Setting:
- Selects the frame rate of the movie from among [30p 16M]/[25p 16M] and [24p 12M*].
* Only when [NTSC/PAL Selector] is set to NTSC.
Playback speedThe playback speed will vary as below depending on the assigned [Record Setting].
- [Record Setting]: [30p 16M]/ [25p 16M]
4 times slower
- [Record Setting]: [24p 12M]*
5 times slower
*Only when [NTSC/PAL Selector] is set to NTSC.
- Sound will not be recorded.
- The movie will be recorded in XAVC S HD format.