Selects the metering mode that sets which part of the screen to measure for determining the exposure.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Metering Mode] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Measures light on each area after dividing the total area into multiple areas and determines the proper exposure of the entire screen (Multi-pattern metering).
- Measures the average brightness of the entire screen, while emphasizing the central area of the screen (Center-weighted metering).
- Measures only the central area (Spot metering). This mode is suitable for measuring light on the back-lit subject or when the contrast of the background and the subject is strong.
- When [Multi] is selected and [Face Priority in Multi Metering] is set to [On], the camera measures brightness based on detected faces.
[Metering Mode] is locked to [Multi] in the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Scene Selection]
- Other zoom functions than the optical zoom