Cleaning the lens, finder and flash
Wipe the lens, finder and flash with a soft cloth to remove fingerprints, dust, etc.
Cleaning the lens
- Do not use a cleaning solution containing organic solvents, such as thinner, or benzine.
- When cleaning the lens surface, remove dust with a commercially available blower. In case of dust that sticks to the surface, wipe it off with a soft cloth or tissue paper slightly moistened with lens cleaning solution. Wipe in a spiral pattern from the center to the outside. Do not spray lens cleaning solution directly onto the lens surface.
Cleaning the camera body
Do not touch the parts of the product inside the lens mount, such as a lens signal contact. To clean inside the lens mount, use a commercially available blower* to blow any dust off.
* Do not use a spray-type blower as doing so may cause a malfunction.
Cleaning the product surface
Clean the product surface with a soft cloth slightly moistened with water, then wipe the surface with a dry cloth. To prevent damage to the finish or casing:
- Do not expose the product to chemical products such as thinner, benzine, alcohol, disposable cloths, insect repellent, sunscreen or insecticide.
- Do not touch the product with any of the above on your hand.
- Do not leave the product in contact with rubber or vinyl for a long time.
Cleaning the monitor
- If you wipe the monitor firmly using tissue paper, etc., the coating may be scratched.
- If the monitor becomes dirty with fingerprints or dust, gently remove the dust from the surface, and then clean the monitor using soft cloth, etc.