Tracking subject (Tracking function)
This camera has the function of tracking which tracks the subject, and keeps marking it with the focusing frame.
You can set the start position to track by selecting from focusing areas, or by specifying by touch operation. The required function varies depending on the setting method.
For the examples of usage, etc. of tracking function, refer to the following URL.
For still image shooting:
- You can refer to the related functions under “Related Topic” at the bottom of this page.
Setting the start position to track by focusing area ([Tracking] under [Focus Area])
The selected focusing frame is set as the start position to track, and the tracking starts by pressing the shutter button halfway down.
- This function is available in still image shooting mode.
- This function is available when [Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF].
Setting the start position to track by touch operation ([Touch Tracking] under [Func. of Touch Operation])
You can set the subject to track by touching it on the monitor.
- This function is available in still image shooting mode and movie shooting mode.
- This function is available when [Focus Mode] is set to [Single-shot AF], [Automatic AF], [Continuous AF], or [DMF].