Controlling the camera using an Android smartphone (QR Code)
You can control this product using your smartphone by connecting your smartphone to the camera using the QR Code.
Make sure that [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] is set to [On] by selecting MENU → (Network) → [Ctrl w/ Smartphone].
- MENU → (Network) → [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] → [Connection].QR Code (A) and the SSID (B) are displayed on the monitor of this product.
- Launch Imaging Edge Mobile on your smartphone and select [Scan QR Code of the Camera].
- Select [OK] on the smartphone screen.
- When a message is displayed, select [OK] again.
- Read the QR Code displayed on the monitor of this product with the smartphone.Once the QR Code has been read, a message [Connect with the camera?] will be displayed on the smartphone screen.
- Select [OK] on the smartphone screen.The smartphone is connected to the product.
- You can now shoot images remotely while checking the composition on the smartphone screen.
- Once the QR Code has been read, this product's SSID (DIRECT-xxxx) and password are registered to the smartphone. This enables you to easily connect the smartphone to the product via Wi-Fi at a later date by selecting the SSID. (Set [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] to [On] in advance.)
- Radio wave interference may occur as Bluetooth communications and Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz) communications use the same frequency band. If your Wi-Fi connection is unstable, it may be improved by turning off the Bluetooth function of the smartphone. If you do this, the location information link function is not available.
- If you cannot connect your smartphone to this product using the [One-touch(NFC)] function or QR Code, use the SSID and password.