Unable to connect the headset to a BLUETOOTH device with one-touch connection (NFC)
- Keep the smartphone close to the headset until the smartphone reacts. If you fail to connect, move the smartphone slowly on the N-Mark of the headset.
- Check that the NFC function of the smartphone is set to on.
- If the smartphone is in a case, remove it.
- NFC reception sensitivity varies depending on the device. If you repeatedly fail to connect the headset with a smartphone by one touch, connect it to the headset by on-screen operation on the smartphone.
- You cannot make a one-touch connection (NFC) while charging the battery because the headset cannot be turned on. Finish charging first, and then make the one-touch connection (NFC).
- You are using a smartphone with Android 2.3.3 up to Android 4.0.4, but has not installed the one-touch connection app “NFC Easy Connect.”
- You cannot make a one-touch connection (NFC) when the dedicated headphone cable is connected to the INPUT jack. Remove the dedicated headphone cable from the headset.