Making a call
You can enjoy a hands-free call with a smartphone or mobile phone that supports the Bluetooth profile HFP (Hands-free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile), via Bluetooth connection.
- If your smartphone or mobile phone supports both HFP and HSP, set it to HFP.
- The operation may vary depending on the smartphone or mobile phone. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the smartphone or mobile phone.
- Only ordinary phone calls are supported. Applications for phone calls on smartphones or personal computers are not supported.
- Connect the headset to a smartphone or mobile phone via Bluetooth connection.
- Operate your smartphone or mobile phone to make a call.
When you make a call, the dial tone is heard from the headset.
If you make a call while you are listening to music, playback pauses.
If no dial tone is heard via the headset, switch the call device to the headset using your smartphone or mobile phone or by pressing and holding the button on the left or right unit for about 2 seconds.
You can talk using the microphone on the headset.
Operate the smartphone or mobile phone to adjust the volume.
When you finish talking, press the button on the left or right unit of the headset to end the call.
If you made a call during music playback, music playback resumes automatically after ending the call.
- You cannot adjust the volume during a call on the headset. Adjust the volume on the connected device. If you are unable to adjust the volume on the connected device, install the “Sony | Music Center” smartphone app and adjust the volume in the app.
- The headset volume during a call and during music playback can be independently adjusted. Changing the call volume does not change the volume of music playback and vice versa.
- You can also enjoy a hands-free call by wearing only one unit of the headset. If you wear the other unit while you are talking with only one unit, you can talk with both units.
- Use a smartphone or mobile phone at least 50 cm (19.69 in.) away from the headset. Noise may result if the smartphone or mobile phone is too close to the headset.
- Your voice will be heard from the headset through the headset’s microphone (Sidetone function). In this case, ambient sounds or the sounds of the headset operation may be heard through the headset, but this is not a malfunction.