About the BLUETOOTH wireless technology
The BLUETOOTH wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (about 32 ft).
Maximum communication range
Maximum communication range may shorten under the following conditions.
- There is an obstacle such as a person, metal, or wall between the speaker and BLUETOOTH device.
- A wireless LAN device is in use near the speaker.
- A microwave oven is in use near the speaker.
- A device that generates electromagnetic radiation is in use near the speaker.
Interference from other devices
Because BLUETOOTH devices and wireless LAN (IEEE802.11b/g) use the same frequency, microwave interference may occur and result in communication speed deterioration, noise, or invalid connection if the speaker is used near a wireless LAN device. In such a case, perform the following.
Use the speaker at least 10 m (about 32 ft) away from the wireless LAN device.
If the speaker is used within 10 m (about 32 ft) of a wireless LAN device, turn off the wireless LAN device.
Interference to other devices
Microwaves emitted from a BLUETOOTH device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off the speaker and other BLUETOOTH devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident.
- Where inflammable gas is present, in a hospital, train, airplane, or a gas station
- Near automatic doors or a fire alarm
- To be able to use the BLUETOOTH function, the BLUETOOTH device to be connected requires the same profile as the speaker’s. Note also that even if the same profile exists, devices may vary in function depending on their specifications.
- Due to the characteristic of BLUETOOTH wireless technology, the sound played on the speaker is slightly delayed from the sound played on the BLUETOOTH device while talking on the telephone or listening to music.
- The speaker supports security capabilities that comply with the BLUETOOTH standard to provide a secure connection when the BLUETOOTH wireless technology is used, but security may not be enough depending on the setting. Be careful when communicating using BLUETOOTH wireless technology.
- We do not take any responsibility for the leakage of information during BLUETOOTH communication.
- A device featuring the BLUETOOTH function is required to conform to the BLUETOOTH standard specified by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and be authenticated. Even if the connected device conforms to the above mentioned BLUETOOTH standard, some devices may not be connected or work correctly, depending on the features or specifications of the device.
- Noise or sound interruption may occur depending on the BLUETOOTH device connected with the speaker, the communication environment or the usage environment.
- A device with a built-in radio or tuner cannot be connected to the speaker via BLUETOOTH since noise may occur in broadcasts.
- Locate the speaker farther away from a TV, radio or tuner, etc. since noise may occur in broadcasts.