This unit uses an O-ring to maintain its water resistance. O-ring maintenance is very important. Failure to do O-ring maintenance according to the instructions may lead to water leaks and cause this unit to sink.
Inspect the O-ring
- Carefully check that there is any dirt, sand, hair, dust, salt, threads, etc. on the O-ring. If found, be sure to wipe off with a soft cloth.
- Lightly run your fingertip around the O-ring to check for any invisible dirt.
- Be careful not to leave any cloth fibers on the O-ring after wiping it.
- Check the O-ring for cracks, skewing, distortion, fine splitting, scratches, embedded sand, etc. Replace the O-ring if you find any of these.
- Inspect the O-ring contact surface on the case body in the same way.