- After recording in a location with a sea breeze, wash this unit thoroughly in fresh water with the buckle fastened to remove salt and sand, then wipe with a soft dry cloth. It is recommended that you submerge the Waterproof Case in fresh water for about 30 minutes. If it is left with salt on it, metal portions may be damaged or rust may form and cause water leakage.
- If sun oil is on the Waterproof Case, be sure to wash it off thoroughly using lukewarm water.
- Wipe the inside of the Waterproof Case with a soft dry cloth. Do not wash it with water.
Be sure to perform the above maintenance each time you use the Waterproof Case. Do not use any type of solvent such as alcohol, benzine or thinner for cleaning, as this might damage the surface finish of the Waterproof Case.
When storing the Waterproof Case
- To prevent deterioration of the O-ring, store the Waterproof Case in a cool, well-ventilated location. Do not fasten the buckle.
- Prevent dust from collecting on the O-ring.
- Avoid storing the Waterproof Case in a cold, very hot or humid place, or together with naphthalene or camphor, as these conditions might damage the Waterproof Case.