Connecting with a paired BLUETOOTH device
Check the following before you operate the speaker.
- If the speaker was previously paired with a different device, turn off the BLUETOOTH function for the other device.
- Turn on the speaker.
The (power) indicator lights up in green.
The (BLUETOOTH) indicator begins to flash in white.
When you turn on the speaker, the speaker tries to make a BLUETOOTH connection with the last connected BLUETOOTH device. If the device is nearby and its BLUETOOTH function is on, the BLUETOOTH connection is established automatically and the (BLUETOOTH) indicator stays lit. When you want to connect another BLUETOOTH device, terminate the current BLUETOOTH connection by operating the currently connected BLUETOOTH device.
- Make the BLUETOOTH connection from the BLUETOOTH device.
When the BLUETOOTH connection is established, the (BLUETOOTH) indicator stays lit.
- If the devices cannot connect, enter pairing mode to connect.
(The speaker can be paired with up to eight devices. If the speaker is paired with multiple devices, it is necessary to enter pairing mode to connect.)
- When the BLUETOOTH standby function is turned on, the speaker turns on automatically by operating a BLUETOOTH device, and starts the BLUETOOTH connection.
- When the speaker made a connection automatically with the last connected BLUETOOTH device, the BLUETOOTH function may not work properly. In this case, terminate the BLUETOOTH connection by operating the connected BLUETOOTH device and reestablish a connection.
- When an audio cable is connected to the speaker’s AUDIO IN jack while the speaker and the BLUETOOTH device have been connected via a BLUETOOTH connection, sound from the BLUETOOTH-connected device is not output from the speaker (the hands-free function is available). To listen to music from the BLUETOOTH device, disconnect the audio cable from the speaker's AUDIO IN jack.