Charging the speaker from an AC outlet
The speaker can be operated by connecting it to an AC outlet via USB AC adaptor (supplied) or built-in battery (rechargeable).
Before using the speaker for the first time, be sure to charge the battery by connecting the speaker to an AC outlet via the supplied USB AC adaptor.
You can operate the speaker by battery instead of the USB AC adaptor by charging the speaker before use.
- Make sure that the speaker is turned off.
- Connect the USB AC adaptor (supplied) to the micro-USB cable (supplied).
- Connect the micro-USB cable to the DC IN 5V jack.
- Plug the USB AC adaptor to an AC outlet.
Do not use any USB AC adaptor or micro-USB cable other than the supplied ones.
The CHARGE indicator lights up in orange while charging. Charging is completed in about four hours*1 and the indicator turns off.
If the CHARGE indicator stays turned off when the speaker power is off and connected to an AC outlet, the built-in lithium ion battery is fully charged. Once the battery is fully charged, it will not be charged furthermore even if the speaker is kept connected to an AC outlet.
*1Time that is required to charge the empty battery to its full capacity.
Battery life (when using the BLUETOOTH connection)
About 12 hours*2*3.
The time stated above may vary depending on the ambient temperature or conditions of use.
*2The method of estimating the battery life has been changed since 2015.
*3When the specified music source is used and the volume level of the speaker is set to 10. If the volume level of the speaker is set to maximum, the usage life will be approx. 3 hours. Time may vary, depending on the temperature or conditions of use.
When the battery is running low
- When the CHARGE indicator flashes slowly in orange, the battery is running low and needs to be charged.
- If the CHARGE indicator flashes three times in orange and turns off when you turn on the speaker, the battery is empty and needs to be charged.
For customers in Europe, Asia and Latin America
The shape of the USB AC adaptor is slight different from the illustration and alternative plugs are supplied. Attach a plug appropriate to your country/region to the USB AC adaptor beforehand.
- A speaker that is in use can be charged if it is connected to an AC outlet, though the CHARGE indicator does not light up. In this case, it may take longer to charge the battery than when the speaker is turned off depending on the conditions of use. Therefore, it is recommended that you turn off the speaker when charging.
- When you use the speaker at a loud volume, the battery may run low even if the speaker is connected to an AC outlet. If you want to use the speaker while charging, lower the volume of the speaker. Otherwise, turn off the speaker and charge the battery to its full capacity.
- When you use the speaker at a loud volume for a long time, the battery may run low even if the speaker is connected to an AC outlet. As a result, sound becomes low. This is not a malfunction. Turn off the speaker and charge the battery to its full capacity.
- When you switch the power source between an AC outlet and battery by connecting/disconnecting the USB AC adaptor, the speaker may stop sound output for a short while. This is not a malfunction.
- The maximum power output will be lower when the battery is running low.
- Even if you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, charge the battery to its full capacity once every six months to maintain its performance.
- In an extremely cold or hot environment, charging stops for safety. Try charging the battery again within the operating temperature of between 5 °C and 35 °C (41 °F and 95 °F).