Allows you to shoot with preset settings according to the scene.
- Set the mode dial to SCN (Scene Selection).
- Turn the control dial to select the desired setting.
Menu item details
- Blurs background and sharpens the subject. Accentuates the skin tones softly.
- Sports Action:
- Shoots a moving subject at a fast shutter speed so that the subject looks as if it is standing still. The product shoots images continuously while the shutter button is pressed.
- Shoots close-ups of the subjects, such as flowers, insects, food, or small items.
- Shoots the entire range of a scenery in sharp focus with vivid colors.
- Shoots the red of the sunset beautifully.
- Night Scene:
- Shoots night scenes without losing the dark atmosphere.
- Hand-held Twilight:
- Shoots night scenes with less noise and blur without using a tripod. A burst of shots are taken, and image processing is applied to reduce subject blur, camera-shake, and noise.
- Night Portrait:
Shoots night scene portraits using the flash.
The flash does not pop up automatically. Pop up the flash manually before shooting.
- Anti Motion Blur:
- Allows you to shoot indoor shots without using the flash and reduces subject blur. The product shoots burst images and combines them to create the image, reducing subject blur and noise.
- Under the following settings, the shutter speed is slower, so use of a tripod is recommended to prevent the image from blurring:
- [Night Scene]
- [Night Portrait]
- In the [Hand-held Twilight] or [Anti Motion Blur] mode, the shutter clicks 4 times and an image is recorded.
- If you select [Hand-held Twilight] or [Anti Motion Blur] with [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG], the image quality becomes [Fine] temporarily.
Reducing blur is less effective even in [Hand-held Twilight] or [Anti Motion Blur] when shooting the following subjects:
- Subjects with erratic movement.
- Subjects that are too close to the product.
- Subjects with continuously similar patterns, such as the sky, a beach, or a lawn.
- Subjects with constant change such as waves or water falls.
- In the case of [Hand-held Twilight] or [Anti Motion Blur], block noise may occur when using a light source that flickers, such as fluorescent lighting.
- The minimum distance that you can come close to a subject does not change even if you select [Macro]. For the minimum in-focus range, refer to the minimum distance of the lens attached to the product.
- To change the scene, rotate the control dial on the shooting screen and select a new scene.