Listening to music on a USB flash drive
You can connect a USB flash drive to the USB port () directly.
You can also use a commercially-available USB cable to connect a USB device.
Music stored in a USB flash drive connected to the USB port () can be played back by a smartphone, iPhone, etc. installed with SongPal.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the USB port ().
- Tap the FUNCTION button repeatedly until the USB indicator lights up.
The speaker switches to the USB mode, and the USB indicator lights up in white.
- Operate SongPal as a remote controller to play back music.
- Tap -/+ (volume) buttons to adjust the volume.
When you tap the -/+ (volume) buttons, the (power) indicator flashes once or three times according to the volume adjustment.
What you can do with the speaker during playback
You can adjust the volume using the -/+ (volume) buttons.
- After SongPal is downloaded and installed to your smartphone, iPhone, etc., you can use it as a remote control.
- Sony is not responsible for any loss or damage to data in a USB flash drive that is connected to the speaker.
- Do not disconnect a USB flash drive during operation. To prevent damage to data, stop playback, then turn off the power of the speaker before disconnecting the device.
- Sony does not guarantee correct operation when a USB hub or USB extension cable is used.
- When you connect a USB flash drive, the speaker starts reading all the data stored on it. Reading files may take some time.
- Operation may become slow depending on the USB flash drive.