Pairing and Connecting with a BLUETOOTH Device
When connecting a BLUETOOTH device for the first time, mutual registration (called “pairing”) is required. Pairing enables this unit and other devices to recognize each other. This unit can connect two BLUETOOTH devices (two mobile phones, or a mobile phone and an audio device).
- Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 m (3 ft) of this unit.
- Press MENU, rotate the control dial to select [BLUETOOTH], then press it.
- Rotate the control dial to select [PAIRING], then press it.
- Rotate the control dial to select [DEVICE 1]* or [DEVICE 2]*, then press it.(BLUETOOTH) flashes while the unit is in pairing standby mode.
* [DEVICE 1] or [DEVICE 2] will be changed to the paired device name after pairing is complete.
- Perform pairing on the BLUETOOTH device so it detects this unit.
- Select your model name shown in the display of the BLUETOOTH device.Repeat from step 2 if your model name does not appear.
- If passkey* input is required on the BLUETOOTH device, input .When pairing is made, (BLUETOOTH) stays lit.
* Passkey may be called “Passcode”, “PIN code”, “PIN number” or “Password”, etc., depending on the device.
- Select this unit on the BLUETOOTH device to establish the BLUETOOTH connection.(mobile phone) or (audio) lights up when the connection is made.
- While connecting to a BLUETOOTH device, this unit cannot be detected from another device. To enable detection, enter the pairing mode and search for this unit from another device.
To start playback
Press SRC (source) to select [BT AUDIO].
To disconnect the paired device
Perform steps 2 to 4 to disconnect after this unit and the BLUETOOTH device are paired.