Notes on water resistant feature
Water resistant performance of the speaker
The speaker has a water resistant specification*1*2 and IPX5*3 as specified in “Degrees of protection against ingress of water” of the IEC60529 “Ingress Protection Rating (IP Code).” However, the speaker is not completely water-tight.
Do not drop the speaker into hot water in a bathtub or purposely use it in water. Depending on usage, water entering the speaker may cause fire, electric shock or malfunction.
Use the speaker with full understanding of the following.
Liquids that the water resistant performance specifications apply to
Applicable: fresh water, tap water
Not applicable: liquids other than the above (soapy water, water with detergent or bath agents, shampoo, hot spring water, hot water, pool water, seawater, etc.)
*1 Requires that the cap is fastened securely.
*2 The supplied accessories are not water resistant.
*3 IPX5 (Degree of protection against jets of water): The speaker has been tested and found to remain functional after exposure to direct jet streams of water using a nozzle of 6.3 mm (about 1/4 in) internal diameter from any direction where approximately 12.5 L/min of water is applied for a period of more than 3 minutes from a distance of about 3 meters (about 10 ft).
The water resistant performance of the speaker is based on our measurements under the conditions herein described. Note that malfunctions as a result of water immersion caused by misuse by the customer are not covered by the warranty.
To avoid the deterioration of the water resistant performance
Check the following and use the speaker correctly.
- Do not use or leave the speaker in an extremely hot or cold environment (temperature outside the range of 5 °C – 35 °C (41 °F – 95 °F)). If the speaker is used or left in outside the above range, the speaker may automatically stop to protect internal circuitry.
- Be careful not to drop the speaker or subject it to mechanical shock. Deformation or damage may cause deterioration of the water resistant performance.
- Do not use the speaker in a location where large amount of water or hot water may splash on it. The speaker does not have a design that is resistant to water pressure. Use of the speaker in the above location may cause a malfunction.
- Do not pour high-temperature water or blow hot air from a hair dryer or any other appliance on the speaker directly. Also, never use the speaker in high temperature locations such as in saunas or near a stove.
- Handle the cap with care. The cap plays a very important role in maintenance of the water resistant performance. When using the speaker, make sure that the cap is closed completely. When closing the cap, be careful not to allow foreign objects on the rubber seal that keep the cap from closing properly. If the cap is not closed completely the water resistant performance may deteriorate and may cause a malfunction of the speaker as a result of water entering the speaker.