Notes on handling the player
Read the notes below and follow the instructions to use the player safely.
Consult a doctor if you become injured or burned from using the product.
Contact the nearest Sony dealer or Sony Service Center if the player does not operate properly.
- Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, an explosion, fire, electric shock, burns, or injury may result.
- Do not expose the player to fire.
- Do not allow metallic objects to get inside the player.
- Do not short-circuit the terminals of the player with metallic objects.
- Do not take apart or modify the player.
- Do not use the player when you see lightning or hear thunder.
- Do not use the player if it causes an uncomfortable reaction on your skin.
- Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, you may damage the casing or cause the player to malfunction.
- Do not place the player in direct sunlight.
- Do not place the player in locations where the temperature is extremely high.
- Do not leave the player in direct sunlight. Do not leave the player in a car with all the windows closed, especially during the summer.
- Do not place the player in locations where it is exposed to vibration.
- Do not drop the player from heights.
- Do not apply a strong force or shock to the player.
- Do not place the player in locations where there is magnetization. For example, do not place the player near a magnet, speakers, or a TV.
- Do not turn on the player right after you move it from a cold environment to a warm environment.
- Do not use the player in damp locations, such as in a bathroom or a sauna.
- Do not place the player on an unstable surface or in an inclined position.
Do not sit down when the player is inserted in your pocket.
- Do not use the player in locations where it is exposed to excessive dust.
When you store the player in a bag, do not apply strong impacts to the bag. In particular, avoid storing the player in a bag with the headphone cable or earphone cable wrapped around the player.
- Do not place objects on top of the player.
The player is neither waterproof nor dustproof. Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, the player may become inoperable because of short-circuited terminals or corroded metal.
- Do not drop the player into water.
- Do not use the player in humid locations or during wet weather such as rain or snow.
- Do not place the player against your body or clothes when you are sweating.
- Do not touch the player with wet hands.
Comply with announcements regarding the use of electronic devices when you are on an airplane.
- Heat may build up in the player in the following situations, but this is not a malfunction.
However, be careful because there is a risk of low-temperature burns.
- While the battery is charging.
- While the player is playing for an extended period of time.
The internal temperature of the player may rise during charging or use. Do not place the player in an airtight bag or wrap the player in cloth when you use the player for a long time. The bag or cloth may trap heat and cause a malfunction.
Do not apply strong force to the surface of the display. Strong force may cause the following problems.
- Distorted colors or brightness.
- A malfunction of the display.
- Injury from a cracked display.
The player screen is made of glass. The glass may crack if you drop the player on a hard surface or if you apply strong force to the screen. Be careful when you handle the player. If the glass is cracked or chipped, do not use the player or touch the damaged part. Otherwise, you may get injured.
When you use a strap, note the following.
- The strap can get caught on objects around you. Be careful to avoid the risk of strangulation.
- Be careful not to swing the player while holding the strap. You may hit someone with the player.
Content that you record is for personal use only. Under copyright law, the content cannot be used without the permission of the copyright holder.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.