You can check the focus by enlarging the image before shooting.
Unlike with [MF Assist], you can magnify the image without operating the control ring.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Magnifier].
- Press the center of the control wheel to enlarge the image and select the area you want to enlarge using top/bottom/left/right side of the control wheel.
- Each time you press the center, the magnification scale will change.
- You can set the initial magnification by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Initial Focus Mag.].
- Confirm the focus.
- Press the (Delete) button to bring the magnified position into the center of an image.
- When the focus mode is [Manual Focus], you can adjust the focus while an image is magnified. The [Focus Magnifier] function will be canceled when the shutter button is pressed halfway.
- You can set how long the image is to be shown magnified by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Magnif. Time].
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot the image.
To use the focus magnifier function by touch operation
You can magnify the image and adjust the focus by touching the monitor.
Set [Touch Operation] to [On] beforehand. Then, select the appropriate settings under [Touch Panel/Pad]. When the focus mode is [Manual Focus], you can perform [Focus Magnifier] by double-tapping the area to focus on while shooting with the monitor.
While shooting with the viewfinder, a frame is displayed in the center of the monitor by double-tapping and you can move the frame by dragging it. The image is magnified by pressing the center of the control wheel.
- While using the focus magnifier function, you can move the magnified area by dragging it on the touch panel.
- To exit the focus magnifier function, double-tap the monitor again. You can also exit the focus magnifier function by pressing the shutter button halfway down.