Normally, exposure is set automatically (auto exposure). Based on the exposure value set by auto exposure, you can make the entire image brighter or darker if you adjust [Exposure Comp.] to the plus side or minus side, respectively (exposure compensation).
- (Exposure Comp.) on the control wheel → press the left/right side of the control wheel or turn the control wheel, and select the desired setting.
+ (over) side:
Images become brighter.
- (under) side:
Images become darker.
- You can also select MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Exposure Comp.].
- You can adjust the exposure compensation value within the range of -3.0 EV to +3.0 EV.
- You can confirm the exposure compensation value that you set on the shooting screen.
- You cannot perform the exposure compensation in the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Scene Selection]
- When using [Manual Exposure], you can perform the exposure compensation only when [ISO] is set to [ISO AUTO].
- You can adjust the exposure compensation value within the range of -2.0 EV to +2.0 EV for movies.
- If you shoot a subject in extremely bright or dark conditions, or when you use the flash, you may not be able to get a satisfactory effect.