Shoots images continuously while you press and hold down the shutter button.
- Select / (Drive Mode) of the control wheel → [Cont. Shooting].
- You can also set the continuous shooting by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Drive Mode].
- Select the desired mode using the right/left side of the control wheel.
Menu item details
- Continuous Shooting: Hi / Continuous Shooting: Mid/ Continuous Shooting: Lo
|Mechanical Shutter||Auto/Electronic Shutter|
|Continuous Shooting: Hi||–||20 images per second at maximum*|
|Continuous Shooting: Mid||10 images per second at maximum*||10 images per second at maximum*|
|Continuous Shooting: Lo||3 images per second at maximum||5 images per second at maximum|
* When the F-value is greater than F8, the focus is locked to the setting in the first shot.
- To continuously adjust the focus and exposure during continuous shooting, set as follows:
- [Focus Mode]: [Continuous AF]
- [AEL w/ shutter]: [Off] or [Auto]
Continuous shooting is unavailable in the following situations:
- The shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama].
- The shooting mode is set to [Scene Selection] and a scene other than [Sports Action] is selected.
- [Picture Effect] is set to one of the following: [Soft Focus] [HDR Painting] [Rich-tone Mono.] [Miniature] [Watercolor] [Illustration]
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is set to [Auto HDR].
- [ISO] is set to [Multi Frame NR].
- [Smile Shutter] is being used.
- When [Shutter Type] is set to [Mechanical Shutter], the continuous shooting speed cannot be set to [Continuous Shooting: Hi].
- The speed of continuous shooting decreases when you shoot with a flash.