ISO Setting: ISO
Sensitivity to light is expressed by the ISO number (recommended exposure index). The larger the number, the higher the sensitivity.
- ISO (ISO) on the control wheel → select desired setting.
- You can also select MENU→ (Camera Settings1) → [ISO Setting] → [ISO].
- You can change the value by 1/3 EV steps by turning the front dial as well as by turning the control wheel. You can change the value by 1 EV steps by turning the rear dial.
Menu item details
- ISO AUTO:
- Sets the ISO sensitivity automatically.
- ISO 50 – ISO 204800:
- Sets the ISO sensitivity manually. Selecting a larger number increases the ISO sensitivity.
- You can change the range of ISO sensitivity that is set automatically in [ISO AUTO] mode. Select [ISO AUTO] and press the right side of the control wheel, and set the desired values for [ISO AUTO Maximum] and [ISO AUTO Minimum].
[ISO AUTO] is selected when using the following functions:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- When the ISO sensitivity is set to a value lower than ISO 100, the range for recordable subject brightness (dynamic range) may decrease.
- The higher the ISO value, the more noise will appear on the images.
- The available ISO settings will differ depending on whether you are shooting still images, shooting movies, or shooting slow-motion/quick-motion movies.
ISO values between 50 and 25600 are available in the following situations:
- [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shutter].
- [Shutter Type] is set to [Auto] and [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Shooting].
- When shooting movies, ISO values between 100 and 102400 are available. If the ISO value is set to a value larger than 102400, the setting is automatically switched to 102400. When you finish recording the movie, the ISO value returns to the original setting.
- When shooting movies, ISO values between 100 and 102400 are available. If the ISO value is set to a value smaller than 100, the setting is automatically switched to 100. When you finish recording the movie, the ISO value returns to the original setting.
- When you select [ISO AUTO] with the shooting mode set to [P], [A], [S] or [M], the ISO sensitivity will be automatically adjusted within the set range.