If you assign [Focus Standard] to the desired custom key, you can recall useful functions such as focusing on a subject in the center of the screen automatically in accordance with the focus area settings.
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key] → desired key, then assign the [Focus Standard] function to the key.
- To use the [Focus Standard] function while shooting movies, select MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key] → the desired button, and then assign [Focus Standard] to the key.
Press the key to which [Focus Standard] is assigned.
- What you can do by pressing the key varies depending on the setting for [Focus Area].
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Zone], [Flexible Spot] or [Expand Flexible Spot]:
- Pressing the key moves the focusing frame back to the center.
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Wide] or [Center]:
- The camera focuses on the center of the screen when you press the key.
- You cannot set the [Focus Standard] function to [Left Button], [Right Button] or [Down Button].