Assigning frequently used functions to buttons (Custom Key)
You can use the custom key function to assign the functions you use most frequently to easily operable keys. This lets you skip the process of selecting items from MENU, so you can recall the functions more quickly. You can also assign [Not set] to easily operable keys to prevent accidental operation.
You can separately assign functions to custom keys for the still image shooting mode ( Custom Key), movie shooting mode ( Custom Key), and playback mode ( Custom Key).
- Assignable functions vary depending on the keys.
You can assign functions to the following keys.
- Custom Button 1
- Custom Button 2
- Custom Button 3
- AF/MF Button/AEL Button
- Center Button/Left Button/Right Button/Down Button
- Custom Button 4
For details on functions that can be assigned to custom keys, refer to the following URL:
- You can recall functions more quickly by using the Function menu to configure each setting directly from the Fn button, along with the custom keys. Refer to the related functions under “Related Topic” at the bottom of this page.
The following is the procedure for assigning the [Eye AF] function to the AEL button (A).
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key].
- If you want to assign a function to recall while shooting movies, select [Custom Key]. If you want to assign a function to recall while playing back images, select [Custom Key].
- Move to the [Rear1] screen using the left/right side of the control wheel. Then, select [AEL Button] and press the center of the control wheel.
- Press the left/right side of the control wheel until [Eye AF] is displayed. Select [Eye AF], and then press the center.
- If you press the AEL button in the still image shooting mode and eyes are detected, [Eye AF] will activate, and the camera will focus on the eyes. Shoot images while holding down the AEL button.
- You can also assign shooting functions to the focus hold button on the lens. However, some lenses do not have a focus hold button.
- If you assign [Follow Custom ()] to a custom key using [Custom Key], but the function is one that is unavailable in the movie shooting mode such as [JPEG Quality] or [Flash Mode], the function will not be recalled when you press the key in the movie shooting mode.
- If you assign [Follow Custom (/)] to a custom key using [Custom Key], the camera will switch to the shooting mode and recall the assigned function when you press the key in the playback mode.