Pairing and connecting with BLUETOOTH devices
When pairing with two or more BLUETOOTH devices, perform the following pairing procedure for each device.
Before operating the speaker, be sure to do the following:
- Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 m (3.2 ft) from the speaker.
- Connect the speaker to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor (supplied) or charge the built-in battery sufficiently.
- To avoid any sudden loud sound output from the speaker, turn down the volume of the BLUETOOTH device that you connect with the speaker, or stop playback on the device.
- Depending on the paired BLUETOOTH device, the volume of the BLUETOOTH device may be synchronized with the volume of the speaker when you start playing music after a BLUETOOTH connection is established.
- After the Google Assistant setup is complete, press and hold the (power)/ PAIRING button for about 3 seconds.
The (BLUETOOTH) indicator flashes in blue for 5 seconds and the speaker is placed in pairing mode.
If the (BLUETOOTH) indicator does not flash, the speaker may already be connected to the BLUETOOTH device. If this is the case, once you have turned off the speaker, do the operations for pairing again.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the BLUETOOTH device to detect the speaker.
When a list of detected devices appears on the display of the BLUETOOTH device, select the speaker you set up for Google Assistant.
If passkey* entry is prompted on the BLUETOOTH device, enter “0000.”
* A passkey may also be called “Passcode,” “PIN code,” “PIN number” or “Password.”
- Follow the instructions on the BLUETOOTH device screen to establish a BLUETOOTH connection.
For details on operating a BLUETOOTH device, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device.
The /PAIRING button is disabled before the Google Assistant setup is complete.
If the speaker goes out of BLUETOOTH pairing mode before you finish the procedure and the name of the speaker does not appear on the BLUETOOTH device screen, repeat the procedure from step .
Once the speaker is paired with the BLUETOOTH device, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
Pairing information is deleted due to repair work, etc.
The pairing information of the speaker is deleted from the BLUETOOTH device.
The speaker is initialized.
All pairing information will be deleted.
- Video viewing using a BLUETOOTH connection is not recommended. A slight misalignment occurs in video and audio.
This speaker does not support the BLUETOOTH profile HFP (Hands-free Profile)/HSP (Headset Profile) that enables hands-free calls with a BLUETOOTH mobile phone.