Installing “Google Home” and making the initial settings
To use your speaker, you first need to install “Google Home” on your smartphone/iPhone and make the initial settings for the speaker.
To use “Google Home”, you need to create a Google account and log in to the account beforehand.
To download the app and use network services, additional registrations and payment of communication charges and other fees may be required.
- Access Google Play or App Store from the smartphone/iPhone.
- Install “Google Home” on the smartphone/iPhone.
For details, visit the website at https://www.google.com/cast/setup/.
- Place the speaker as close to a Wi-Fi router as possible.
- Establish a wireless connection from the smartphone/iPhone to the Wi-Fi router.
- Take a note of the SSID and the password (encryption key) of the connected Wi-Fi router.
Some of the Wi-Fi routers have multiple SSIDs.
Be sure to take a note of the SSID that you used for establishing the wireless connection from the smartphone/iPhone.
For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Wi-Fi router.
- In advance, you must turn on the BLUETOOTH function on the smartphone/iPhone.
- Connect the supplied AC adaptor to the speaker.
The speaker turns on automatically.
- Start “Google Home” and follow the on-screen instructions to make the initial settings for the speaker.
Depending on your service, you may have to create an account in advance.
You can change your Google Assistant language. For details, refer to the following topic.
Changing your Google Assistant language
The / PAIRING button is disabled before the Google Assistant setup is complete.
Use of the Wi-Fi 5 GHz band is restricted to indoors only.
When using wireless connections outdoors, disable the Wi-Fi 5 GHz band.
For details on the Wi-Fi settings, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Wi-Fi router.